I haven’t been blogging but I have been knitting. When I haven’t been chopping onions. Why do all my Thanksgiving recipes include at least one chopped onion?

I tried a bit of modular knitting on these two hats.

The first is a series of mitered squares with garter st rows between them. The top is shaped by decreasing at 6 points. I picked up at the bottom and knit a few rows of garter st and bound off with Jeny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off. Then seamed.

Blackberry Ridge Medium Weight Kaleidoscope 100% Wool in Firecracker
Gauge: 16 sts and 16 rows = 4 inches in garter st

It’s a favorite, although it looks more like a light bulb cover than a hat in this photo.

It was such a quick knit that I thought I’d try another modular design. Unfortunately, this idea turned into 2 days’ worth of work. I was stymied by the nesting right angles as they kept turning into entrelac. Being stubborn, a few hours later, success was mine. I increased in each st and then knit the cap in garter, decreasing at 10 points every 4 ridges.

Blackberry Ridge Medium Weight Traditional Colors 100% Wool in Colonial Blue, Light Blue and Aster
Gauge: 16 sts and 16 rows = 4 inches in garter st

Now I’m left wondering why I didn’t knit the cap in stockinette to save time, but I do like the garter stitch.

I have a few more hats done and will save them for separate blog posts. Tomorrow I’ll show a kid’s hat.